2020 Public Works Week Info
CITY OF ST. CLOUD
2020 Public Works Week Children’s Art Contest
Overview of Contest
The City of St. Cloud cordially invites students to participate in our "Rhythm of Public Works" art contest. Students in grades K-12 are encouraged to create a drawing depicting a Public Works idea, in slogan form, drawing form, or both. The contest teaches elementary aged school children and reminds middle and high school aged teens about the importance of Public Works.
Coloring/Drawing Contest Guidelines
Posters will be designated under one of the following categories:
Division 1: Kindergarten and First Grade
Division 2: Second and Third Grade
Division 3: Fourth and Fifth Grade
Division 4: Middle School; Grades Six, Seven and Eight
Division 5: High School; Grades Nine, Ten, Eleven and Twelve
- Poster shall be drawn on an 8 ½” x 11” white paper. It could be drawn vertically or horizontally.
- Each poster must portray a Public Works idea in a slogan, drawing, or both. Students may use crayons,
- paint, color pencils, or markers. No highlighters, photos, or computer graphics are permitted.
- Please email the drawings to email@example.com and include the student name and grade.
- Entries may be submitted in person at the St. Cloud City Hall. Prior to arriving, please call 407-957-7347.
- Submissions must be received no later than 5:00 PM Eastern Time on May 21 2020.
- All submissions must be submitted with a Children’s Art Contest Consent Form.
Judging & Prizes
Submissions will be judged by a panel of City Staff and prizes will be awarded for the top 3 contests in each Division. Each contestant will receive a certificate of participation for their entry.
You may contact City of St. Cloud Public Works Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.
For more information regarding what Public Works does, please watch the following video by the American Public Works Association: