Community Advisory 3, 3/27/20
COVID-19 Community Advisory #3
Friday, March 27, 2020 4:00pm
STAY AT HOME ORDER
•To further combat the spread of COVID-19 in our community, Osceola County is enacting a Stay-At-Home Order for all residents and closing all non essential businesses starting Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 11 p.m. and continuing through Thursday April 9, 2020 at 11 p.m.
DO’S AND DON’TS
- Go to the grocery store or pharmacy to purchase food and essential items.
- Go to medical appointments, but check with your doctor first.
- Go to a restaurant for takeout.
- Care for a family member or loved one.
- Take a walk, ride your bike, jog and be outside for exercise – just keep at least six feet of space between you and others.
- Go to work unless you are providing essential services as defined by the order.
- Visit friends and family if there is no urgent need.
- Maintain less than six feet of space between you and others when you go out.
CITIZEN / EMPLOYEE INFORMATION
- City Employee - 407-957-7161 The City of St. Cloud’s Citizen and Employee Hotline is still active. To reach the hotline, please call #407-957-7161. The hotline is open 7 days a week, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and is projected to remain open until April 5, 2020. Citizens and employees can also visit the websites for the City of St. Cloud’s, the Center for Disease Control or the Florida Department of Health for more information.
- City services such as water, sewer, and solid waste collection will continue as scheduled without interruption. For non-payment accounts, the disconnect deadline has been extended to April 17, 2020. The transfer station will remain open regular business hours.
- All City of St. Cloud Parks are currently closed to the public since Monday, March, 23, 2020. The boat ramp and exercise trails are still open.
- The Orange County Convention Center is open for testing Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. for the following people:
- First Responders
- Health Care Workers
- People who are 65+ with symptoms
- The Osceola County Health Department (Fortune Road Location) – TBA – This site has run out of test kits, however will be back open soon. (Phone: 407-343-2000)
MENTAL HYGIENE PROJECT
The City of St. Cloud has proudly partner with Ryan Gallik (former City of St. Cloud Fire Department Firefighter Paramedic) and Michael L. Stahl (Co-Founders) of The Mental Hygiene Project and we’ll be sharing weekly videos regarding self care in a time of crisis with our employees and the community of St. Cloud. Please take advantage of this great opportunity. It only takes a few minutes a week.
To view the video, click here
CITY SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
- Stay up-to-date with all information related to the City of St. Cloud via social media
- Facebook - www.facebook.com/CityofStCloudFL
- Twitter - www.twitter.com/CityofStCloudFL
- If you or a loved one is in need of services during this time, please check out these places for information.
- St Cloud Community Pantry - www.stcloudpantry.org
- The St. Cloud Chamber – www.stcloudchamber.com
- Osceola Council on Aging – https://osceolagenerations.org
•For a list of local restaurants and businesses that are open please click the link below:
- The City of St. Cloud, Community Development Department will provide limited services by APPOINTMENT ONLY for New Business Tax Receipts (BTR) Applications, BTR Transfers, and BTR Renewals. To make an appointment, please email us at email@example.com. All appointments will be handled by teleconference and documents will be processed electronically. For more information, please visit: http://www.stcloud.org/5/Community-Development
OTHER INFORMATIONAL RESOURCES
•Scammers are taking advantage of fears surrounding COVID-19. DON’T BE A VICTIM!
Other great resources for information related to COVID-19.
- Florida Department of Health - http://www.floridahealth.gov/
- Center For Disease Control - https://www.cdc.gov/
SAFETY RECOMMENDATIONS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM EXPOSURE
- Sick person with flu like symptoms are instructed to notify their medical health care provider and their employer, stay home and do not come to work.
- If possible, maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet.
- Stop shaking hands. Practice proper hand hygiene. Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
- If you suspect that you or a family member may be showing signs and/or symptoms of COVID-19, please seek medical attention immediately. As always, your safety and health is our priority.
In efforts to provide accurate and timely information and continue to provide critical city services, please be patient as we work through this situation. Thank you for your patience, be safe and healthy!
COVID-19 Community Advisory #2
Thursday, March 19, 2020 5:30pm
- With the health and safety of our employees and community in mind, we have made the difficult decision to close City Hall and numerous departments through the city for a period of two weeks and effective at close of business today, Thursday, March 19, 2020. We are abiding by the CDC guidelines in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 or coronavirus. Essential personnel will remain on duty while non-essential workers will be placed on a paid leave status and subject to recall based on city needs and directives issued by the City Manager. We have set a tentative reopening date for Monday, April 13, 2020.
- Osceola County Tax Collector’s Office St. Cloud Office, located at City Hall will be closed until further notice. Contact the main office at 407-742-4000 for further assistance.
- City services such as water, sewer, and garbage collection will continue as scheduled without interruption. For non-payment accounts, the disconnect deadline has been extended to April 17, 2020. The transfer station will remain open regular business hours.
- The City of St. Cloud’s Building Official will be available by appointment to assist customers with any issues that may arise. Please contact the Building Department for further assistance by calling 407-957-7224.
- St. Cloud Police Department lobby is closed to the public. We encourage citizens to contact our non-emergencynumber 407-891-6700. Emergencies calls should continue with 9-1-1. Parking citations expiring fees, are being extended for a period of 30 days – no late fees will be applied.
- St. Cloud Fire Department Administration office will be closed to the public until further notice.
- City Parks are closed, effective March 23, 2020 until further notice.
- The City’s cemetery facility will remain open to the public.
- The Citizen/Employee Hotline, 407-957-7161, will be available starting Friday, March 20, 2020 and will remain open 7 days a week from 8am to 5pm.
- The Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) Board meeting scheduled for Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 6:00 pm has been CANCELLED. The next scheduled CRA Board meeting will be on Thursday, June 4, 2020 at 6 p.m.
3/18/20 - 5:45 pm English version, scroll down for Spanish version.
- The City of St. Cloud has implemented pre-entry screening today at City Hall, which remains fully operational.
- City Hall hours are restricted and limited from 9am-3pm tomorrow. We ask residents who need to conduct business with the City to utilize online access or call 407-957-7300 and make an appointment prior to visiting City Hall. Some city departments may have online access, but the actual department may be closed.
- City Hall access will be limited to the 1st floor Building “A” only for City of St. Cloud Utilities and the Building Department.
- Osceola County Tax Collector’s Office St. Cloud Office, located at City Hall will be closed until further noticed.
- City services such as water, sewer, and garbage collection will not be interrupted and will continue as scheduled. Transfer station will remain open regular business hours.
- St. Cloud Police Department lobby is closed to the public. We encourage citizens to contact our non-emergency number 407-891-6700. Emergencies calls should continue with 9-1-1. Parking citations expiring fees, are being extended for a period of 30 days – no late fees will be applied.
- St. Cloud Fire Department Administration office will be closed to the public till further notice.
- City Parks will remain open to the public. We ask residents to follow CDC guidelines for precautionary measurements (i.e. - social distancing, hand washing, etc.) when utilizing our facilities.
- The City’s cemetery facility will remain open to the public.
- We are working to establish a Citizen/Employee Hot Line which will be operational soon.
- St. Cloud Food Pantry will remain open. Operational hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Handling two clients at a time and lines formed according to CDC guidelines of 6 feet apart.
- We kindly remind our citizens to take this ever changing situation seriously, stay home if possible, avoid large crowds, practice social distancing, wash hands often and refer to our City of St. Cloud’s website for updates on City-related information. We also encourage you to continue to seek official information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) websites.
Ciudad de St. Cloud- Actualizacion para los ciudadanos
Miercoles, Marzo 18, 2020
- Hoy, la ciudad de St. Cloud ha implementado una evaluación pre-entrada a la Alcaldia, la cual se mantiene completamente operacional.
- Mañana, el horario de la Alcaldia, estara restringido y limitado empezando a las 9:00 a.m. hasta las 3:00 p.m. Solicitamos a los residentes que necesiten hacer negocios con la ciudad que utilicen el acceso en línea o llamen al numero de telefono: 407 957-7300 y hagan una cita antes de visitar la Alcaldia. Algunos departamentos de la ciudad pueden tener acceso en línea, pero las oficinas del departamento pueden estar cerrada.
- El acceso a la Alcaldia estará limitado al 1er piso, edificio “A” y solo para el departamento de Utilidades de la Ciudad de St. Cloud y el Departamento de Construcción.
- La oficina del Recaudador de Impuestos (Taxes) del Condado de Osceola que está localizada en la Alcaldia de St. Cloud, permanecerá cerrada hasta nuevo aviso.
- Los servicios municipales como el agua, el alcantarillado y la recolección de basura no se interrumpirán y continuarán servicios según lo programado. La estación de transferencia (Transfer Station) permanecerá abierta en su horario comercial habitual.
- El recibidor (el lobby) del Departamento de Policía de St. Cloud está cerrado. Le recomendamos a los ciudadanos a comunicarse con nuestro número que no es de emergencia: 407-891-6700. Las llamadas de emergencia deben continuar con el numero: 9-1-1. Todo cargo relacionado a multas de estacionamiento se extenderán por un período de 30 días y no se aplicarán recargos por demora.
- Las oficinas de Administración del Departamento de Bomberos estarán cerradas al público hasta nuevo aviso.
- Todas las oficinas del departamento de Recreacion estarán cerradas a partir del mediodía de el Jueves, 19 de Marzo 2020. Los Parques publicos de la ciudad seguiran abiertos. Pedimos a los residentes que sigan las reglas del Centro de Control y Prevencion de Enfermedades (CDC), para medidas de precaución (es decir tener distancia social, lavarse las manos, etc.) al utilizar nuestras facilidades.
- El cementerio de la ciudad permanecerá abierto al público.
- Estamos trabajando para pronto establecer, una línea telefónica directa para ciudadanos y empleados de la ciudad.
- El dipensario de comida (Food Pantry) permanecerá abierto: Lunes, Miércoles y Viernes. El horario operacional es de 10 a.m. hasta las 2 p.m. Se atenderán dos clientes a la vez y las líneas de espera serán formadas según las reglas del Centro de Control y Prevencion de Enfermedades (CDC) guardando 6 pies de distancia.
- Les recordamos a nuestros ciudadanos que tomen esta situación en serio. Si es posible, permanezcan en sus hogares. Eviten grandes multitudes, por favor lavar sus manos con frecuencia y practiquen distanciamiento social. Consulten nuestra pagina web para obtener información actualizada sobre la ciudad. También le recomendamos, que continúe buscando información oficial del Centro de Control y Prevención de Enfermedades (CDC) y la pagina web del Departamento de Salud de Florida (FDOH).