Youth Athletic Programs
HOME SCHOOL P.E. (RESUMES SEPT. 3)
Home School P.E. is a one-hour class to get your home school students moving! Admittance ends 10 minutes after start time to ensure the program begins timely and without interruption.
Where: Civic Center
When: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Time: 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Cost: $4.00 per child, per class for Osceola County residents; $5 per child, per class for non-residents
Friday Night Youth Basketball
A parent or guardian must sign a waiver for the child to participate.
Where: Civic Center
Time: 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Train n play clinic
This is a six week youth basketball clinic starts September 11 and ends October 26. Practice is held on Wednesdays evening and games will be held on Saturdays mornings at the Civic Center. Groups will be divided into three groups by age: 10 through 12 years of age, 13 and 14 years of age, 15 and 16 years of age. Cost is $135 for the session.
You can get more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling Ryan Buhain at 407-738-6070. Registration is now available online until August 30.
RON RILEY YOUTH BASKETBALL VOLUNTEER COACH REGISTRATION DAY
We will be holding a volunteer coaches registration day where applicants will be able to complete all required paperwork, fingerprinting and have photos taken for ID badges as well as receive league information.
Where: City Hall, Bldg. A, First floor
When: Saturday, September 21
Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Volunteer head coaches who pass the background screenings will receive a ½ price voucher to register their child in the 2019 Ron Riley Youth Basketball Winter League. Assistant coaches do not qualify for discount.
Ron Riley Youth BAsketball league
Registration starts October 4 and will remain open until full. Participants will be placed in age divisions according to their age on December 30, 2019.
- 5/6 and 7/8 year old leagues will be co-ed
- Teams are selected after the evaluation showcase on Saturday, November 2
- Evaluation showcase is held for ages 7 – 17 and is not mandatory but is encouraged.
- Players will be contacted by their coach after the teams are selected.
- Coaches will determine days and times of practices.
- Practices for those 7 years of age and older are held at the Civic Center Monday through Thursday beginning November 18
- Practice for those 5 and 6 years of age will be on Fridays from 6:00 pm - 6:45 pm.
- Games are held at the Civic Center on Saturdays beginning December 14
- $70 per person for residents / $80 per person for non-residents
Dates, times and fees are subject to change without notice. For additional information please call Parks and Recreation at (407) 957-7243.